Effects of Cyberbullying on the Internet Users | Ways to Deal with Cyberbullying Primary 5 (Basic 5) Term 3 Week 4 Information Technology (Computer Studies)
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Forms of Cyberbullying | Causes of Cyberbullying Primary 5 (Basic 5) Term 3 Week 4 Information Technology (Computer Studies)
TOPIC – CYBER BULLYING
2. Effects of Cyberbullying on the Internet Users
3. Ways of Dealing with Cyber Bullying
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. state the effects of cyberbullying on the internet users.
3. mention the ways of avoiding cyber bullying.
The pupils can know how to report bullying.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Cyberbullying is one of the types of online threat that intimidate, harass or threaten the internet users through phone calls, instant messaging, e-mail, chat rooms or social networking sites such as facebook and twitter.
All forms of cyber bullying are deliberate.
EFFECTS OF CYBER BULLYING ON THE INTERNET USERS
The effects of cyber bullying on the victims are as follows:
1. It reduce victims self esteem.
2. It reduces the professional or academic performance of the victims.
3. It complicates the victims health challenges or issues.
4. It leads to frustration.
5. It demoralizes the victims.
6. It deviates the victims from the social and cultural norms.
7. It might lead to lost of job or dropout from school due to professional and academic performance.
8. It leads to suicide thought.
LESSON 2 – WAYS OF DEALING WITH CYBER BULLYING
There are several ways to deal with cyberbullying,
1. Don’t respond immediately
2. Talk or report bullying to someone such as parents, teachers, colleagues or friends and families.
3. Keep record by screenshot bullying as future reference or evidence.
4. Report and block all means of bullying such as phone calls, sms or online messages, chars, groups or forums.
5. Don’t accept strange friend’s request.
6. Be careful of what you share or post online.
7. Recognize sign of online bullying.
8. Be quick to listen and slow to response.
9. Secure your sensitive or personal data.
10. Hold bullying accountable.
11. Disable account temporary or permanently if you have.
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT, As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher organizes the pupils in groups or pair depending on the size of the class.
3. Teacher leads the groups or pairs of state and discuss the effects of cyberbullying with appropriate ways to deal with them.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the discussion by analyzing the effects of cyber bullying on the victims and how best to deal with them.
4. Teacher summarizes the lesson on the board with appropriate evaluation and asks pupils to find out the effects of bullying on the victims and to deal with them.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the summary of the lesson and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Meaning and Components of Digital Skills | Importance of Digital Skills Primary 5 (Basic 5) Term 3 Week 5 Information Technology
Teacher asks pupils,
1. explain the meaning of cyber bullying.
2. state 5 forms of cyber bullying.
3. explain 5 of the following,
4. mention 5 causes of cyber bullying.
5. state 5 effects of cyber bullying on the internet users.
7. mention 5 ways to deal with cyber bullying.