PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC MOVEMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Movement of Our Body – Match Pass, Jogging and Galloping (Primary 2)
TOPIC – MOVEMENT OF OUR BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Movement of Our Body
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. demonstrate correct movement patterns of skipping and squatting.
2. perform basic movement such as skipping and squatting.
The pupils can perform basic movements.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
3. Talking drums
6. Textbooks, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Materials
5. Online Information – First Term Week 3 Plan Lesson Notes for Primary Schools
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Helps the children to demonstrate and perform the following activities correctly.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart children perform skipping and squatting.
3. Lets pupils to examine the chart.
4. Asks them pupils they can demonstrate what the children are doing.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate skipping and squatting.
5. Demonstrate and perform the basic skills of skipping and squatting.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in skipping and squatting activities.
3. Supervises and correct the pupil’s activities.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe teacher’s demonstration.
4. Encourages pupils to practice skipping and squatting.
5. Supervises the pupils and make corrections.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice skipping and squatting.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
perform the skill of skipping and squatting.