Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ATTITUDE TO VICTIMS OF NATURAL DISASTER)
PREVIOUS LESSON – SOME COMMON NATURAL DISASTER AND CAUSES OF NATURAL DISASTERS
TOPIC – ATTITUDE TO VICTIMS OF NATIONAL DISASTER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- State the effects of natural disasters on life and property.
- Mention attitudes to victims of natural disaster.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of disaster caused by nature.
- List of disaster caused by human beings and animals.
- Community members may be consulted.
- Textbooks, newspapers and magazines video clips.
- First aid box, video clips of emergency aid.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Lets the pupils identify and describe what has happened on the chart.
MEANING OF NATURAL DISASTERS
Natural disasters are disasters that are caused by nature such as flood, strong wind, earthquake, etc.
EFFECTS OF NATURAL DISASTER ON THE LIFE AND PROPERTIES
- Loss of lives
- Loss of property
- Economic loss
- Loss of farmlands
- Environmental pollution (which also results in diseases).
- Lack of food and clean water
- Psychological damage: Those who survive disaster experience a lot of sorrow and confusion
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Indicates the effects of natural disasters in the list produced.
- Pupil’s Activities – Indicate effects of natural disasters in the list produced.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Our Attitudes to Victims of Natural Disaster
Pupils to state 3 effects of natural disasters on life and property.