RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Effects of Natural Disaster on Life and Property
TOPIC – ATTITUDE TO VICTIMS OF NATIONAL DISASTER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state our attitudes towards to victims of natural disaster.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of disaster caused by nature.
- List of disaster caused by human beings and animals.
- Community members may be consulted.
- Textbooks, newspapers and magazines video clips.
- First aid box, video clips of emergency aid.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
We should remember that natural disasters are caused by the forces of nature and those who survive them go through a lot of shock and trauma. We should do all we can, to assist them.
ATTITUDE TO VICTIMS OF NATURAL DISASTER
Some of the things we could do to assist them are:
- Donation of money
- Provision of Water
- Provision of Clothing
- Provision of Shelter
- Rescue operation
- First aid
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- State suggested ways of assisting people affected by disaster.
- Pupil’s Activities – Suggested ways of assisting people affected by disaster.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – revision, test and examination.
Pupils to suggest 2 ways of assisting people affected by disaster.