CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – JESUS PRAYS TO THE FATHER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Second Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES Primary 4
TOPIC – JESUS PRAYS TO THE FATHER
1. Evidence of the Prayer Life of Jesus
2. Importance of Prayer
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state evidence of the Prayer Life of Jesus.
2. list the importance of prayer.
5. emulate the prayer life of Jesus by praying always.
6. lead a short prayer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. The Holy Bible
2. Hymn books
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
THE LORD’S PRAYER – Say the Lord’s prayer.
EVIDENCE OF THE PRAYER LIFE OF JESUS
1. Jesus pray all night on the mountain – Luke 6 : 12.
2. He taught his disciples to pray with faith – Matthew 21:22
3. He teaches the disciples the great prayer, ‘Our Father’.
IMPORTANCE OF PRAYER
1. It builds our confidence in God.
2. It strengthen our faith.
3. It gives us power.
4. It enables us to live a victorious life.
5. It reveal God’s plan and purpose for our lives.
6. It strengthen our relationship with God.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teaches the children to emulate the prayer life of Jesus by praying.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the prayer life of Jesus
3.Explains the importance of prayer.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the importance of prayer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 5 importance of prayer.
2. state 3 evidence of the Prayer Life of Jesus.
3. sing songs relating to prayer, for example – Prayer is the Key.
4. lead a short prayer.