BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Functions of A Printer (Primary 2)
TOPIC – PRINTER
1. Meaning of A Printer
2. Features of A Printer
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of a printer.
2. state the features of a printer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Printer is an output device that allows a user to print items on paper, such as letters and pictures.
All – in – one printer is a useful tool with multiple functions. It is used both at home, school and office.
FEATURES OF A PRINTER
1. Print speed
2. Copy speed
3. Printer quality
4. Printing output
5. OCR scanners software
6. Scanner resolution
7. Memory card
8. Internet connectivity
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to identify important features of printer.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify features of printer.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Say what a printer is?
2. Mention two features of a printer.