BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Computer Studies (Primary 1)
TOPIC – FEATURES OF COMPUTER PARTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Features of Computer Parts
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify the features of computer parts
Parts of a Computer
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Computer system
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Displays a functional computer or chart showing a computer for the pupils to identify and describe.
MEANING OF COMPUTER
A computer is a machine that counts, calculates and draws.
Computer thinks and calculates faster than you.
Television looks like a computer monitor but it is not a computer monitor.
FEATURES OF COMPUTER PARTS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Touches each part of a computer for the pupils to identify by name.
5. System unit
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to identify features of major computer parts e.g monitor, system unit, keyboard, mouse, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Touch and identify major parts of a computer such as Monitor, system unit, keyboard, etc.
3. Guides pupils to draw a computer showing major parts.
Pupil’s Activities – Draw a computer showing major parts.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
identify each each parts of a computer.