Field Trip Excursion to an Established Farm JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Agriculture
JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL (JSS 1)
THEME: CONCEPT AND MEDIUM OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
PREVIOUS LESSON –Mid Term Test and Break for Junior Secondary School – JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Agriculture
TOPIC – FIELD TRIP EXCURSION TO AN ESTABLISHED FARM
1. Introductory Activities
2. Field Work
By the end of the lesson, most of the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. identify and recognise each factors of agricultural functions.
2. interview the farm manager and various labours on the farm.
The students can identify and define farm.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Chart showing various factors of agricultural production.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FIELD TRIP EXCURSION TO AN ESTABLISHED FARM
Note – Organize a field trip to any well established farm, if available within the state. If not available, nearest farm in the neighbouring state is recommended.
Ask the students to write a comprehensive essay on any factors of agricultural production.
Find out the problems of farm manager.
Download – Agriculture Scheme of Work Junior Secondary School (JSS 1) Link
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions; then, the teacher –
2. Discuss the importance of the excursion.
Student’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion.
3. Items the basis for excursion.
Student’s Activities – Note all the listed basis for excursion.
4. Discuss the Do’s and Don’ts of the excursion especially on the farmland to avoid accidents and damage of crops.
Student’s Activities – Follow the Do’s and Don’ts listed by the teacher.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask students to write a comprehensive essay about their field trip.
Problems of Farm Manager JSS 1 (Basic 7) – Agriculture