FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
PRIMARY 5 (BASIC 5)
SECTION A – MULTIPLE CHOICE
INSTRUCTION – Choose the correct answer from the options A – C in this section.
1. ______ is a group of people from one country who build a settlement in another land
2. ______ colonized Nigeria.
3. British people came from ______.
4. ______ are people born and living in Europe.
5. British rule imposed their ______ on Nigeria.
6. The first place the British rested in was ______.
7. The British acquired territories by negotiators treaties with ______.
[a] high chief
8. The Joining or uniting of two or more cultures entirely new entity is called ______.
9. ______ amalgamated the southern and northern protectorate
[c] Sir Fredrick
10. Nigeria was amalgamated for ______ reason.
11. A ______ is a set of fundamental rules that determine how a country or state is run.
12. The first constitution in Nigeria was created during ______.
[a] Colonial era
13. The British used their ______ to conquer Nigeria.
14. The Royal Niger company was formed in ______.
15. Who names Nigeria?
[a] Lord Luggard
[b] Peter Obi
[c] Flora Shaw
SECTION B – THEORY
INSTRUCTION – Attempt all the section in this section.
A. British rule began in what year?
B. Nigeria became a British colony in what year.
A. State 2 advantage of British rule in Nigeria
B. Write 2 disadvantages of British rule in Nigeria.
A. Nigeria was amalgamated in what year.
B. Nigeria regain her independence in what year?
A. Mention two colonial masters and their periods of rule.
B. Nigeria was formed from two words called ______ and ______.