Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: MUSIC AND DRAMA
PREVIOUS LESSON – Functions of Drama I – Drama and Moral Lessons (Primary 5)
TOPIC: FUNCTIONS OF DRAMA
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
name the function of drama.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Audiovisual gadgets – 10″ tablet connected with bluetooth radio for audio.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (DRAMA)
Teacher’s Activities – Asks to state the moral lessons as mentioned in the previous lesson and links their points to the functions of Drama.
FUNCTIONS OF DRAMA
1. It unites different people together.
2. It is educative.
3. It boosts self confidence.
4. It makes people better thinker.
5. It helps to develop people’s ability and skills to be focus.
6. It creates mutual relationships – ability to work with people.
7. It improves communication both verbal and nonverbal communication.
8. It reduces stress.
9. It improves and exercises the brain.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 5 ASSESSMENT (TEST)
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the different function of drama.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy the different function of drama in notebook.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
list the four functions of drama.