PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC MOVEMENTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Moving Our Body Parts – Different Movement Patterns Made by Animals, People and Machines (Primary 3)
TOPIC – MOVING OUR BODY PARTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Fundamental Movement Patterns
3. Fundamental Movement Patterns in Dancing and Marching
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
describe and demonstrate other fundamental movements made people.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
5. Video clips
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information Physical and Health Education (Primary 3)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Takes the pupils to an open field or space within the school’s premise to perform some exercises on fundamental movements such as bending, shaking, turning, jogging, etc. and make sure you let the pupils identify name of the movements.
For example, when you lead them to bend and ask question and note their points on their board as soon as you are through.
FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT PATTERNS
11. Turning, etc.
FUNDAMENTAL MOVEMENT IN DANCING AND MARCHING
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities on Basic Movements in Dance and Marching
Dancing with traditional songs common in that locality – Yoruba, Hausa and Igbo
March Pass as on their Inter – House Sport Day –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains and demonstrates the movement patterns.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and imitate teachers demonstration.
3. Supervises the pupils practice and makes corrections.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Practice different movement patterns.
- Participate in demonstration.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state and demonstrate the creative movements patterns made by
4. demonstrate fundamental movement in dancing and marching.