HOME ECONOMICS PREVOCATIONAL STUDIES
WEEK 8 PRIMARY 4
THEME – CLOTHING AND TEXTILES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Common Articles Made by Knitting and Crocheting (Primary 4)
TOPIC – PRACTICAL WORK ON COMMON ARTICLES OF NEEDLE CRAFT LEARNING AREA
Produce and Display Needle Craft Articles
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
produce and display needle craft articles.
Articles of needle craft
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Sewing, knitting and crocheting tools and materials e.g. pins, wools, threads (assorted colours).
2. Knitted sweater, crocheted articles e.g. table mats, head band.
3. Books on sewing, knitting and crocheting.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON INTRODUCTORY QUESTIONS
State 5 common articles of needle craft.
FURTHER PRACTICAL WORKS ON COMMON ARTICLES
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Use the needle craft tools to produce simple articles.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teachers/Pupil’s Activities – Practical Work on Common Articles of Needle Craft.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Produce common articles of needle craft.