BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – ICT Devices – Uses of Smartphones Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – USES OF ICT DEVICES – ORGANIZER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Uses of Organizer
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state uses of common ICT devices – organizer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart showing organizer.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing organizer device for the pupils to identify and describe.
Pupil’s Activities – Response to questions.
Teacher’s remark – Organizer is an electronic device that store information like names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. Discuss the uses of organizer and guide pupils to operate mobile phone organizer.
On board, copy as I write.
USES OF ORGANIZER
Organizer is an electronic device that store information like names, addresses, phone numbers, dates and time of meetings.
Smartphone has an inbuilt organizer.
Organizer can be used for –
1. organising information.
2. setting reminder.
3. storing or keeping information for future use.
4. organizing meetings and appointments.
5. setting goals, and tracking achievement of goals.
6. memos and notes.
LESSON 2 – PRACTICAL USE OF ORGANIZER
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Guide pupils to use organizer to set remainder, alarm, address, etc.
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides and ask pupils state the uses of organizer.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of organizer.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
4. Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. explain what is organizer.
state 3 uses of organizer.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. _______________ is an electronic device that store information like names, addresses, phone numbers, dates and time of meetings.
2. _______________ has an inbuilt organizer.
3. Organizer can make and receive call.
4. Organizer stores information for _______________.
A. future use
5. Organizer is a _______________.
A. Mobile hone
B. Mobile device
C. Mobile network