RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – FAMILY
PREVIOUS LESSON – EXTERNAL INFLUENCE ON NIGERIAN FAMILY LIFE
TOPIC: THE INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – discuss the influence of working parents on the Nigerian family.
The pupils can define a family.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Foreign articles and materials, Pictures and photographs of parents working in their offices, Pictures of churches, mosques and shrines.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Working parents is another external influence on the Nigerian family. Both parents are now working to take care of their children.
INFLUENCE OF WORKING PARENTS ON THE NIGERIAN LIFE
1. Inadequate attention to the children.
2. Inadequate of parental care and moral upbringing.
3. Use of baby sitters.
4. Putting children in day – care institutions.
5. More income is generated for the family.
6. Provide medical care for the family.
7. Provide most essential things of life.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the influence of working parents on Nigerian family life.
3. Asks pupils to narrate their experiences when their parents go to work.
Pupil’s Activities – Narrate their experiences when their parents go to work.
4. Summarizes the lessons on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Inter Marriage Primary 6 (Basic 6) – Social Studies
Ask pupils to state two influences of working parents on the Nigerian family.