THEME – SPEECH WORK
PREVIOUS LESSON – Identification and Pronunciation of Objects or Articles of “A” and “An” (Primary 1)
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION OF SELF
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. introduce themselves individually and
2. introduce themselves in pairs by using appropriate words.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pupils in the class.
2. Picture that shows two people introducing themselves.
3. Course book.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
FOCUS ACTIVITIES – SELF INTRODUCTION
Guiding pupils to introduce themselves using words like –
My name is _____________________.
This is my friend.
Other Activities –
1. My name is __________________.
2. I am a __________________.
3. I am from __________________ State.
4. I am __________________ years old.
5. The name of my is ____________________________________.
6. I am in primary _________.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Introduces him/herself to the pupils.
3. Emphasises on the words that make the introduction –
- I am ___________________.
- You are ___________________.
- We are ___________________.
- My name is ___________________.
4. Asks pupils to introduce themselves individually.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Introduces themselves individually by mentioning their names.
- Introduce themselves to their partners in pairs.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to make correct introduction of themselves.