THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Setting Up HTML Document Using Notepad or TextEdit Primary 5 (Basic 5) Term 3 Week 8 Information Technology
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO PYTHON
2. Uses of Python
3. Simple Syntax Command
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. describe the meaning of python.
2. put python and syntax to use.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of functional computer.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Python is a computer programming language used to build websites, web applications, mobile applications, softwares, online tools, etc.
Python is created by Guido van Rossum in 1992.
Python programming language is an object – oriented (based around data) and high – level that’s easier for humans to read and understand.
Python became popular because it an open source language that’s easy to use, easy to read and understand, anyone can use python to code, etc.
USES OF PYTHON
The uses of python are as follows:
1. AI and machine learning
2. Programming applications and softwares
3. Web development
4. Game development
5. Language development
6. Data visualisation
7. Data analytics
SIMPLE SYNTAX COMMAND
Simple syntax command is the set of rules that defines structure of a language, how it will be written and interpreted by the runtime system and human reader.
LESSON 2 – SIMPLE SYNTAX COMMAND 1
LESSON 3 – SIMPLE SYNTAX COMMAND 2
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher organizes the pupils in groups or pair depending on the size of the class.
3. Teacher displays chart showing python logo and snake.
4. Teacher ask pupils as a group or pair to examine the contents of chart and identify and describe the similarity between two of them.
Pupils Activities – State the different and similarity between the two.
5. Teacher uses the chart to introduce the lesson, python and why the program is called python.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay attention to the lesson introduction to under the concept of the lesson.
6. Teacher explains the meaning of python programming languages and it uses.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain and state the uses of python programming language.
7. Teacher organizes simple syntax command sessions for pupils in groups or pairs can experiment on how it works. Note – Get a qualified Web developer or programmer.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the training sessions and experiment how python programming language works.
8. Teacher summarizes the lesson on the board with appropriate evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the summary of the lesson and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Introduction to Scratch Programming Primary 5 (Basic 5) Term 3 Week 10 Information Technology
Teacher asks pupils to,
1..explain the meaning of python and simple syntax command.
2. put python and syntax to use.