CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ENTERTAINMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Introduction to Singing (Primary 3)
TOPIC – INTRODUCTION TO STAGING
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Staging A Play
3. Basic Requirements for Staging Play Production Process
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. identify staging requirements of a play/drama.
2. state the different stages of a play production process
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
MEANING OF STAGE
Staging a play is the process of making a play on the stage.
Staging a play is also known as play production.
REQUIREMENTS FOR STAGING A PLAY PRODUCTION PROCESS
The following people and materials are essential in the performance of a play –
6. Stage (sets and props)
8. Crew (stage manager, technical director, etc.)
LESSON 2 – REVISE THE PREVIOUS LESSON
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Play a short drama on stage not more 5 minutes.
3. Play a short movie of 5 minutes.
4. Explains the requirements of a play production.
Pupil’s Activities – Listens to teacher’s explanation.
- Identify requirements of a play production.
3. Discusses the processes involved in play production.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the processes of staging a play.
6. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Next Lesson – Requirements for Staging a Play Production Process Primary 3 (Basic 3) Cultural and Creative Arts
Ask pupils to:
1. Identify four play staging requirements.
2. Identify three stages of a play production.