CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: JESUS THE WAY TO THE FATHER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Jesus Gives Us A New Life I – Meaning and Evident Of A New Life (Primary 4)
TOPIC – JESUS GIVES US A NEW LIFE
1. The Fruits Of A New Life
2. The Characteristics of A New Life
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. mention the fruit of a new life.
2. identify the characteristics of a new life.
Life of a born again Christian
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
TIME – TABLE
Monday (12:40 AM – 01:20 PM)
Friday (10:20 AM – 11:00 AM)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
A new life means a total change of life from the wrong and evil things to the right and good things.
17 Therefore, to him who knows to do good and does not do it, to him it is sin.
As you read in Acts 16 : 31 – 34, evident of a new life is shown in the character, attitude and behaviour. The new life will begin to experience joy, kindness, peace, and other virtues.
THE FRUITS OF A NEW LIFE
Reading – Galatians 5 : 22 – 26
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.
24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.
CHARACTERISTICS OF A NEW LIFE
1. Right living
3. Being positive
4. Fellowship with other Christian
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 6 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to read the Bible passages.
Pupil’s Activities – Reading Bible passages.
3. Lists the characteristics of a new life.
Pupil’s Activities – State the characteristics of a new life.
4. Leads pupils to dramatize a changed life.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the drama.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention 5 fruit of a new life.
2. state 2 characteristics of a new life.