CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – FAITH IN JESUS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Preparation for the Second Coming of Jesus Christ Primary 3 (Basic 3) – Christian Religious Studies
TOPIC – JESUS THE WAY TO THE FATHER
1. Introductory Activities
2. Jesus the Way to the Father
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – explain that Jesus is the only son of God.
The pupils can pray in Jesus name.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures or drawing of Nicodemus meeting Jesus.
2. Picture of man being baptized.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Bible Reading – John 14:6
6 Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
Reading Text – John 14:6 – 14
JESUS IS THE ONLY WAY TO GOD THE FATHER
for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, (Roman 3:23)
Jesus said, “I am the truth, the way, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me”(John 14:6) and “For unless you believe that I am He, you shall die in your sins” (John 8:24).
The Apostle Peter echoed these words when he said, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men whereby we must be saved” (Acts 4:12, KJV).
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guide pupils to read the John 14:6 – 14.
3. Discuss John 14:6 – 14
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion, answer and ask questions.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the lesson summary and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to explain that Jesus is the only son of God.