CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD AS FATHER GUIDES HIS CHILDREN
PREVIOUS LESSON – FATHERHOOD OF GOD
TOPIC – ATTITUDE OF CHILDREN OF ONE FATHER AND IMPORTANCE OF LIVING IN PEACE
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – describe the right attitude to one another as members of one family.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Pictures of a family.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ATTITUDE OF CHILDREN OF ONE FATHER – I John 4:7-8.
I John 4,
7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love.
Our attitudes as parents to children, children among themselves and children to parents are all the same as state in I John 4:7 – 8. Love one another as God is love.
IMPORTANCE OF LIVING IN PEACE
14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord.
Where there is unity, people will be able to –
1. Love one another
2. Live together
3. Cheerfully share with another
4. Growth and progress
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. Revises the previous lesson based on the pupils related knowledge and understanding.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the lesson review.
2. Ask the pupils to explain how members of the same family should behave to one another – Parents to children. Children among themselves. Children to parents.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate and answer questions.
3. Leads pupils to memorize the passage Mark 12:29-31.
Pupil’s Activities – Take turns in reading and memorizing the given passage.
4. Leads the pupils to dramatize a model family life.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the drama.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. Say the Lord’s prayer, (oral question).
2. God is the Father of all ___________________.
A. of creation
B. of man and woman
C. of trees and animals.
Mention 3 ways we can behave to one another.
State 5 importance of living in peace.