CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THE ME – GOD AS FATHER GUIDES HIS CHILDREN
PREVIOUS LESSON – TEN COMMANDMENTS
TOPIC – PURPOSE OF GOD’S REVELATION AND MODE OF REVELATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- Explain the purpose of God’s revelation.
- Explain how God reveals Himself to his children.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Film on the call of Samuel
- A picture of Samuel in the temple
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
According to the scripture, revelation is how God reveals Himself or something to us. Sometimes, it comes in the dream, vision, meditation (on the words of God – Bible), etc.
PURPOSE OF GOD’S REVELATION
- It provides a foundation our faith and beliefs.
- It is the basis for Christian life.
- It reveals the person of God.
- It reveals who we are.
- It reveals why we are no longer perfect.
- It reveals our weakness and strengthen our faith.
- It reveals the way of salvation to sinners.
- It strengthen our relationship with God.
MODE OF REVELATION
Mode of revelation is the methods in which God reveals or speaks to us.
As it says in Hebrew 1:1, “In the past God spoke to our forefathers through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son.”
The methods God has used to convey special revelation have varied greatly.
- Direct appearances
- Trances (a half – conscious) and visions
- Priests during the time of the theocracy
- Prophets, gift of prophecy
- Revelations from the Spirit
- Jesus Christ himself
- The Scriptures
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Discusses the purpose of God’s revelation.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively and participate in the discussion.
- Tells the class how God reveled Himself to the people of old in various ways.
- Pupil’s Activities – Discuss how God reveled himself to the people of old in various ways.
- Discusses how God reveals Himself to Us now.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Attitude of God’s Revelation
Attempt all the questions
1. ___________________ is how God reveals Himself or something to us.
2. In the past, God reveals Himself to people through ___________________.
3. Complete this sentence… but in these last days he has spoken to us by His ___________________.”
State 4 purpose of God’s revelation
Mention 3 God reveals Himself to us.