Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GRAMMATICAL ACCURACY
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – PAST TENSE, PRESENT TENSE AND FUTURE TENSE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to correctly use past tense, present tense and future tense.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book.
- Substitution tables.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
I ate rice yesterday.
I eat rice everyday.
I will eat rice tomorrow.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains the use of past, present and future tenses.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify past, present and future tenses.
- Guides pupils to use the past, present and future tenses.
- Pupil’s Activities – Use past, present and future tenses in making statements/sentences.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- identify past, present and future tenses and
- make correct use of past, present and future tenses.