THEME – CLOTHING AND TEXTILES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Simple Relevant Clothing Articles IV – Prepare the Object for Apron (Primary 5)
TOPIC – MAKING SIMPLE RELEVANT CLOTHING ARTICLES
1. Tray Cover
2. Materials Needed for Making Tray Covers
3. Procedures for Making Tray Covers
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
make simple relevant clothing articles.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Brown paper
3. thread that matches fabric
6. Measuring tape
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Home Economics Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (TRAY COVERS)
Tray cover is a piece of cloth that is use for covering tray in order to keep it free from dirt and dust.
MATERIALS NEEDED FOR MAKING TRAY COVER
Suitable material for tray covers are:
1. Plain cloth
2. Matching thread
3. Embroidery thread
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING RELEVANT CLOTHING ARTICLES – TRAY COVER
Simple tray cover is easy to make in an hour or less.
1. Measure and cut out materials according to the shape and size of the tray.
2. Make any desired design on the cover.
3. Fold in and press about 2.5 cm double hem around the edges.
4. Tack and stitch with hemming stitching or other decorative stitches.
5. Make the design with suitable decorative stitches.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 6 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or tray cover made by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides and allows pupils to make tray covers.
Pupil’s Activities – Follow the teacher’s guidelines to make tray covers.
3. Teacher’s – Visit the nearest fashion designer (also known as tailor) to demonstrate and design tray cover.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay close attention to the instructor, ask and respond positively to the instructor’s questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1.list the procedure for making a tray cover.
2. make a tray cover.