THEME – CLOTHING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Uses of Clothes and Care of Clothes (Primary 3)
TOPIC – CARE AND USES OF CLOTHES
1. Introductory Activities
2. Materials Needed for Caring for Clothes
3. Practical Demonstration of Cloth Washing
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. enumerate the materials used for caring for clothes.
2. wash a cloth.
The pupils can wash clothes.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of laundry materials e.g. soap. Water basin, detergent, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Ask the pupils to state materials used for washing clothes.
Pupil’s Activities – Respond to teacher’s question.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils and note on the board, all the materials stated by them.
MATERIALS FOR CARING FOR CLOTHES
LESSON 2 – PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION OF CLOTHES WASHING
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Practice washing small clothing items and spread them to dry, iron, washed, fabrics.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays materials for clothing care.
3. Demonstrates washing and ironing of small handkerchief.
Pupil’s Activities – Help teachers assemble clothes and cleaning materials.
4. Displays laundry materials, charcoal and electric iron and explain their uses.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice washing small clothing items and spread them to dry, iron, washed, fabrics.
5. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. mention 3 things used for keeping clothes clean.
2. wash small clothing items.