Last Updated on November 6, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Reasons for Daily Care of the Body (Primary 1)
TOPIC – THE BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Materials used for cleaning the Body
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
list the materials used for cleaning the body.
Parts of the Body
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Illustrative chart or picture of body care.
2. Body care materials such as towels, brush, sponge, comb, body cream, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display some of the items used for daily care of the body for pupils to identify and state the uses of each item.
Teacher’s Activities – Listen to the pupils and note their points on the board.
MATERIALS USED FOR THE CARE OF THE BODY
4. Hair brush
5. Body and hair creams
7. Face powder, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays body care materials.
3. Asks pupils to identify by name each of the materials displayed.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Identify body care materials on display.
- Describe the uses of each materials identified.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
WORKBOOK – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
1. identify the different body parts care materials.
state 3 materials used for care of the body.
5. demonstrate the use of the different body care materials.