BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Mid Term Break and Test
TOPIC: INTERNET BROWSERS
2. Meaning and Types of Internet Browsers
3. Uses of Internet Browsers
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of internet browser.
2. state the types of internet browsers.
3. mention the uses of internet browsers.
The pupils can define and state the uses of internet.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of internet connected computer lab or cyber cafe.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Internet is a network that connects computers worldwide.
It is the largest computer network in the world.
Internet is no longer limited to personal computers, internet can be accessed through personal phone, tablet, television and other electronic devices.
MEANING OF INTERNET BROWSER
Internet browser is a software application used for finding and displaying Web pages.
TYPES OF INTERNET BROWSERS
There are different types of internet browsers,
1. Internet Explorer
2. Google chrome
4. Opera Mini
7. PHX browser
8. Microsoft Edge
9. UC browser
10. Safari, etc.
LESSON 2 – USES OF INTERNET BROWSERS
The following are the uses of internet browsers,
1. It is used for accessing the internet.
2. It is used for downloading files, pictures, media, etc.
3. It is used for sending and receiving mails.
4. It is used for online shopping.
5. It is used for finding job online.
6. It is used for private and group chat.
7. It is used for education and self development, etc.
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher organizes pupils in groups or pairs depending on the size of the class and available computers.
3. Teacher guides pupils as groups or pairs to use the browser to find the meaning of internet browser.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the meaning of internet browser.
4. Teacher uses the browser and pupil’s activities to introduce the lesson and lead a discussion on the meaning and types of of internet browser.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay attention to the lesson introduction to understand the concept of lessons.
5. Teacher uses the pupil’s search results to discuss the uses of internet browsers.
Pupil’s Activities – Analyze the importance of Internet browser in education.
6. Teacher summarizes the lesson on the board with appropriate evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the summary of the lesson and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Teacher asks pupils to,
1. explain the term – internet browser.
2. state 5 types of internet browsers.
3. mention 5 uses of internet browsers.