COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Examination Computer Studies Primary 2 (Basic 2)
TOPIC – ICT DEVICES AND GSM
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning and Examples of ICT Devices
3. Description of GSM
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. list some of the ICT devices.
2. describe GSM.
GSM and Smart Phones
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
Charts or Pictures showing ICT Devices.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display sample of some ICT devices (if available) or charts showing ICT devices for the pupils to identify and describe GSM.
Pupil’s Activities – GSM phone, smartphone, organizer, pager, wristwatch, etc.
Teacher’s remark – GSM phone, smartphone, wristwatch, etc. are ICT devices. Give a great cheer active participation. Discuss ICT devices and GSM.
On board, copy as I write.
MEANING OF ICT DEVICES
ICT means information technology.
I stands for Information
C stands for Communication
T stands for Technology
EXAMPLES OF ICT DEVICES
1. GSM phones
2. Smart phones
5. Digital wristwatch, etc.
MEANING OF GSM
GSM is Global System Mobile for all mobile telephones.
G stands for Global
S stands for System
M stands for Mobile
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to identify common ICT devices.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and name the common ICT devices.
3. Guides pupils to explain the meaning of G. S. M. Phone.
Pupil’s Activities – Say the meaning of the G. S. M Phone.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain what ICT devices.
2. State 3 ICT devices.
3. describe GSM.
WORKBOOK – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. _________ means information communication technology.
2. I stands for ____________________.
3. T stands for ____________________.
4. _________ is Global System Mobile for all mobile telephones.
5. G stands for ____________________.
6. S stands for ____________________.
7. M stands for ____________________.
8. GSM is Global System Mobile for ____________________.
A. all mobile telephones
B. all telephone mobile
C. all telephone mob
9. GSM is an ____________________.
A. TCI Device
B. ICT Devices
C. Itc Devices
10. ____________________ and ____________________ are ICT Devices.
A. GSM and laptop
B. GSM and desktop
C. GMS and wristwatch