RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Gender Discrimination and its Consequences | Ways of Reducing Gender Discrimination Primary 6 (Basic 6) Term 2 Week 5 Social Studies
TOPIC: GENDER DISCRIMINATION
2. Meaning of Group Conflict
3. Reasons for Group Conflict
4. Meaning of Cooperation
5. Importance of Cooperation
6. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of conflict and cooperation;
2. state the reasons for group conflict.
3. cite instances of group conflict in their community.
4. suggest solutions to group conflict.
5. mention the importance of cooperation.
The pupils can identify some of the group conflict within their community.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Relevant posters and pictures.
2. Videos on conflict resolution and meetings and efforts.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
Conflict is disagreement among a group or groups of people over any matter.
REASONS FOR GROUP CONFLICT
The reasons for group conflict are as follows:
1. Lack of understanding each other’s language.
2. Lack of unity among members of a religion.
3. Ignorance of the customs of other people.
4. Level of education.
6. Lack of free and fair election.
HOW GROUP PROBLEMS CAN BE RESOLVED?
The solutions to group conflict/problems are as follows:
2. Understanding each other e.g. religious differences
3. Honesty and sincerity
4. Understanding each other language
LESSON 2 – CONCEPT OF COOPERATION
Cooperation is agreement or understanding among a group or groups of people.
IMPORTANCE OF COOPERATION
Cooperation is one of the ways to solved group conflict.
The importance of cooperating with one another are as follows:
1. It promotes unity,
2. It promotes peace,
3. It promotes love and progress,
4. It promotes understanding, etc.
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Teacher displays chart showing different group conflict and cooperation.
3. Teacher organizes pupils in groups or pairs to identify and describe the content of the chart.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe the content of the chart.
4. Teacher uses pupil’s responses to introduce the lesson – group conflict.
Pupil’s Activities – Pay attention to the lesson introduction to understand the concept of group conflict and cooperation.
5. Teacher leads pupils discussion on the meaning of group conflict.
6. Teacher guides pupils to state the reasons for the group conflict.
7. Teacher asks pupils to cite instances of group conflicts in their societies.
Pupil’s Activities – State the reasons for group conflict with instances in their community.
8. Teacher leads pupils to suggest solutions to how group conflict is resolved.
Pupil’s Activities – Suggest solutions to how group conflict is resolved.
9. Teacher asks pupils, what is cooperation?
10. Teacher uses pupil’s responses to discuss the meaning and importance of cooperation.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain the meaning of cooperation and state the importance of cooperation.
11. Teacher guides pupils to different between conflict and cooperation with appropriate examples.
Pupil’s Activities – Differentiate between conflict and cooperation.
12. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the lesson summary and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Teacher asks pupils to:
1. explain the meaning of group conflict and cooperation.
2. differentiate between conflict and cooperation.
3. mention 4 solutions to group conflict.
4. state 4 importance of cooperation.