THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Rest – Importance of Rest (Primary 2)
TOPIC – SLEEP
1. Meaning of Sleep
2. Importance of Sleep
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe the meaning of sleep.
2. discuss the importance of sleep.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts of sleeping mats, beds, mattress.
2. Pictures or charts showing people resting and sleeping.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display a chart of someone sleeping for the pupils to identify and describe the activities on the chart.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify someone that’s sleeping .
Teacher’s Remark – Listen to the pupils, give a cheer for expected response and explain the meaning of sleep and its importance.
MEANING OF SLEEP
Sleep is a natural resting when the eyes are closed, the body and the mind are not active.
THE IMPORTANCE OF SLEEP
1. Sleep refreshes one for the next day’s work.
2. Sleep makes one to gain energy.
3. Sleep makes one grow and active.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the meaning of sleep.
3. Discuss the importance of sleep.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion, define sleep and state the importance of sleep.
4. Leads a role – play the postures sleeping.
Pupil’s Activities – Take a role in the play.
5. Comment on the role-play.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s comments.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of sleep.
2. mention two importance of sleep.
WORKBOOK – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
Answer the following questions.
1. _________________ is a natural resting when the eyes are closed, the body and the mind are not active.
2. Sleep makes one to be active.
3. Sleep makes one to be weak.
4. _________________ refreshes one for the next day’s work.
5. Sleep makes one grow and active.