BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
THEME – Waste and Waste Disposal
PREVIOUS LESSON – Environmental Quality – A Poor Quality or Unhealthy Environments (Primary 5)
TOPIC – MEANING (TYPES) OF WASTE
Lesson One – Meaning of Waste
Lesson Two – Types of Waste
Lesson Three – Revision and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
1. explain the meaning of waste.
2. explain what constitute waste;
3. identify different types of waste.
Most waste around us is created by humans, including everyone in this classroom. Waste is unwanted or unusable materials or substances.
It is made in our homes, communities, factories and even in schools and industries generate a lot. There is so much waste around us and much of it could harm our health. However, much of it still has some value.
The concept of waste will enable the pupils understand meaning and types of waste.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of CLEAN Waste in a rubbish bag – for example Empty boxes of sugar, empty tins of milo or any drink, empty bottles of water, packet of biscuit or sweet, chalkboard and chalk.
Waste is unwanted or unusable materials or substances. These unwanted materials are around. The pupils knew it and can identify categories of waste.
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Lagos State Scheme of work
Basic Science and Technology
All Relevant Materials
Online Materials – Meaning of Waste Disposal | Advantages of Proper Waste Disposal | Effects of Improper Waste Disposal Primary 5 (Basic 5) – Basic Science and Technology
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 1 – Meaning of Waste docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 2 – Types of Waste docx
LESSON DEVELOPMENT 3 – Revision and Test
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. ________ is an unwanted materials.
2. ________ is any substance which is discarded after primary use, or is worthless, defective and of no use.
3. ________ is a refuse or trash from home, school, market, etc.
4. ________ is a sewage water from bathroom, water closets, urine and faeces, laundry, etc.
5. ________ are the major types of waste.
C. A and B
6. Most waste around us is created by humans, including everyone in this classroom.
7. Waste is usable materials.
8. It is made in our homes, communities, factories and even in schools and industries generate a lot.
9. There is so much waste around us and much of it could not harm our health.
10. Some of the waste materials are more values.