THEME: FOOD AND NUTRITION
TOPIC: Steaming Method of Cooking Moi – Moi
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Discuss the process of steaming method of moi – Moi yam.
- cook moi moi using boiling method.
The pupils are required to already learned steaming method of cooking.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Charts showing the different cooking methods.
- Food ingredients for meal preparation.
- Cooking pot, stove, oven, frying pan, etc.
- Relevant books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Moi – Moi is cook with much ingredients. Mostly served with fried rice, jollof rice, white rice, pap (ogi or akamu), custard, garri (drinking), etc.
PREPARING MOI – MOI USING STEAMING METHOD
Ingredients – bean, onion, crayfish, pepper, vegetable oil, salt to taste, water and stuffing – boiled egg and boiled fresh fish.
- Pick the bean
- Soak in water to soften the skin.
- Remove the skin
- Add pepper and onion
- Grind into paste
- Add warm water and warm oil
- Add stuffing – boiled egg and boiled fresh fish.
- Mix thoroughly
- Add salt
- Wrap into leaves, put in cup or nylon (your choice)
- Place above the boiling water to steam until it cooks
- Serve hot or warm with pap, garri, rice, etc.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides discussion on steaming methods of cooking.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussions.
- Demonstrates steaming method of cooking moi – moi.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practice streaming method of cooking moi – moi.
- Supervises pupils practicals.
- Gives a board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – frying plantain (deep frying).
Pupils to cook using steaming method of cooking moi – moi.