SPEECH WORK AND WRITING
THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Dialogue Further Practice in Excusing, Possibility, Obligations, Permission, etc. (Primary 4) and Making Sentences from the Table (Primary 4)
TOPIC – ORAL COMPOSITION – NARRATIVE (DESCRIPTION)
1. A Visit to my Village
2. An Interesting Experience ______________
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. narrate the highlights of “a visit to my village”.
2. narrate a story.
3. describe how things are been done or a place, e.g “my father’s house” and,
4. pick out important features in any event with emphasis on time, place, occasion and significance.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Text books showing various events.
2. Video clips of events.
3. Real objects to describe how things are done.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
1. Narrating an interesting experience with the following –
- ” My first day in school”.
2. Describing places or how things are done –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. leads discussions dramatization based on “a visit to my village” or an interesting experience in my school” or any descriptive topic.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe their memorable days individually.
3. Organizes out of class activities to visit places of interest and asks the pupils to narrate or describe their experiences.
Pupil’s Activities – Narrate some events they witnessed or Describe their memorable days individually.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. describe some events accurately and
2. narrate interesting experiences they have witnessed.