CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: THE GOODNESS OF GOD
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND MAN
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. develop fear, love and respect for God.
2. develop love and care for fellow classmates and others.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of Holy Bible, Pictures of family, CD player, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
OUR RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD AND MAN
Our relationship with God is that God created all things and man – Genesis 1: 1-2
1.In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.
2.The earth was without form and void, and darkness was over the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.
We must –
1. Fear and respect God.
2. Love and respect our parents.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the need to reverence and honor God (avoid swearing, cursing and using foul language).
Pupil’s Activities – Learn and sing songs of praise to God.
3. Emphasize love, obedience and respect of parents and elders.
Pupil’s Activities – Love and appreciate parents and others.
4. Summarizes the lessons on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
NEXT LESSON –
Ask pupils to:
1. Mention ways to show respect for God and parents.
2. Sing songs of praise and thanksgiving to God.