PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – Personal Health Care of the Body Parts
TOPIC – HEALTH AND HYGIENE – CARE FOR THE SKIN
1. How to Wash Hands
2. How to Take a Bath
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain how to wash hands,
2. demonstrate how to take a bath,
3. explain to care for the skin.
Soap, sponge and water.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts, Posters, Sponge, Water, Scissors/clippers, Chewing stick, Tooth brush and paste, Towels, Pomade, Slippers/shoes, Stocking, Blouses, Skirts and Shorts.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information – Physical and Health Education (Primary 1)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Asks the pupils questions regarding bath, washing hands before eating, etc. Listen to the pupils and leads them to the concept of health and hygiene.
PERSONAL HEALTH AND HYGIENE
The health of a person is very important and how to maintain good health is called hygiene.
Keeping your body clean is an important part of keeping you healthy and helping you to feel good about yourself.
HOW TO CARE FOR THE SKIN
2. Washing hands
After bathing and hands washing,
- always use dry and clean towel.
- always wash your towel at least once a week.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES – DEMONSTRATE HOW TO TAKE A BATH AND WASHING HANDS
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads the pupils to identify the general body cleanliness.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and mention the general body cleanliness.
3. Guides the pupils to demonstrate how to care for the skin – hands washing and bathing.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate and demonstrate how to wash hands and a take bath.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state 5 ways of maintaining general body cleanliness.
2. describe how to care for your skin – wash hands and taking bath.
3. demonstrate how to wash the hands and take bath.