Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
SMASE – ASEI PDSI METHOD
- Lesson One – Reading and Interpreting Pictogram
- Lesson Two – Representing Information Using Pictograms
- Lesson Three – Identifying the Mode of a Pictogram
- Lesson Four – Revision, Quantitative and Test
TIME – 40 Minutes each.
By the end of the lesson, pupils should be able to:
- read and represent information in pictograms using vertical and horizontal arrangements.
- represent information on a pictogram.
- identify the most common features of pictogram (the mode).
- mention the usefulness of pictogram (the mode).
The information above can be represented in picture form. The practical representation of the information is called a pictogram. The most common pictures are known as mode. The concept of pictograms will enable the pupils to understand and appreciate importance of representation of information on pictogram.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Cardboard of pictograms arranged vertically and horizontally.
- Cut outs of pictures for pictograms.
- Pictograms with one mode for each pictogram.
- Mathematical activity or game.
- Data from emerging issues such as environmental degradation, etc.
Pictures are one of the means of communicating an information. The pupils can describe and interpret pictures.
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Lagos State Scheme of work
- New Method Mathematics Book
- All Relevant Materials
- Online Materials
ASEI PDSI LESSON NOTES
REVISION, QUANTITATIVE AND TEST