RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME: NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING AND EVIDENCE OF LOYALTY (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: CONSEQUENCES OF DISLOYALTY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. explain disloyalty and show evidence of disloyalty to family, school, community, state and nation.
2. discover the consequence of disloyalty.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts of disloyalty.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF LOYALTY
Loyalty is a strong feeling and content, shows of support to a person or institution. Loyal services to nation e.g. NYSC, military service, law enforcement and voluntary services.
MEANING OF DISLOYALTY
Disloyalty is not being loyal to a person, country, or organization.
CONSEQUENCE OF DISLOYALTY
- Underdevelopment and national failure
- Being discredited internationally
- Internal and external enemies
- Lack of development
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to explain disloyalty.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain disloyalty.
3. Guides pupils to discuss the consequences of disloyalty.
Pupil’s Activities – List and explain the consequences of disloyalty.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain disloyalty.
2. mention three results of disloyalty.