CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – FORMS OF MUSIC I (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: FORMS OF MUSIC
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. names forms in music.
2. list other names of the forms
The pupils are required to already have learned forms of music.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
In music, Form is the structure of a musical composition or performance. Forms of music is a design, plan or decoration of a set music.
OTHER RELATED NAMES OF FORMS IN NIGERIA
PLAYING OR SINGING OF SONGS TO EXPLAIN WHAT FORM IS
Play the above forms of music.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lists other related names of the forms.
Pupil’s Activities – Write related names of the forms.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – mosaics.
1. list other related names of forms.
2. observe design point of modulation in a piece of music.