RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – WATER SUPPLY
PREVIOUS LESSON – TRANSPORTATION (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC – NATIONAL WATER SUPPLY
1. Meaning of Water Supply
2. Importance and Uses of Water
3. Sources of Water
4. How to keep our Water Supply Clean and Safe from Contamination
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain water supply.
2. identify sources of water supply in their community.
3. identify ways of keeping our sources of water clean and free from contamination.
4. state the uses of water.
Water used for different domestic uses.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart of different sources of water.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – WHAT IS WATER?
Water is the necessities of life.
Animals, plants and human being cannot do without water.
WHAT ARE THE USES OF WATER?
Listen and write on the board while the pupils state the uses of water.
Water are used for –
7. Translation, etc.
NATIONAL WATER SUPPLY
Water supply is the sources of water provided by government private or individual. When water is supplied or provided by the government, it is called state or national water supply. For example, Lagos State Water Cooperation.
WHAT ARE THE SOURCES OF WATER SUPPLY?
Sources of water supply include the followings –
WHAT ARE THE WATER OF KEEPING OUR WATER SUPPLY CLEAN AND FREE FROM CONTAMINATION?
1. Repair the burst pipes.
2. Wells should be covered.
3. Use clean buckets to draw water from the Wells.
4. Boil water before drinking.
5. Cover water pots and kegs at all times.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Asks pupils to state the uses of water.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of water.
3. Asks pupils to state the sources of water at home and in the school.
Pupil’s Activities – State different sources of water in their community.
4. Discusses with pupils how to improve and keep our water clean and free from contamination.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain water supply.
2. identify 3 sources of water in your community.
3. explain 3 ways of keeping our water clean and free from contamination.