TOPIC: READING NEWSPAPER
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Read articles in order to extract useful information from them.
2. Read news newspapers to obtain the news about nation.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Post cards
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
NEWS READING – ARTICLES THAT ARE RELEVANT TO PUPIL’S EXPERIENCES
Online Newspapers –
2. The Guardian
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English 6
Page 61A 62B
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Provide newspaper cuttings to pupils.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen to an article read by the teacher, etc.
- Read the articles to the pupils.
- Pupil’s Activities – Read newspapers and discuss what they have read.
- Asks questions based on the article they have read.
- Pupil’s Activities – Answer questions posed by the teacher.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Read newspaper.
- Answer questions provided by the teacher.