Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LEARNING ABOUT OUR ENVIRONMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – WAYS OF PREVENTING CONTAMINATION OF WATER
TOPIC – COLOUR TYPE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify different colours.
- collect materials of different colour.
Red, black, blue, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Containers of various colours.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
IDENTIFICATION OF COLOUR
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFICATION OF NATIONAL FLAT AND COLOUR
ACTIVITIES 2 – IDENTIFICATION OF SHAPES AND COLOUR
ACTIVITIES 3 – WRITE NAME OF COLOUR
ACTIVITIES 4 – IDENTIFICATION OF COLOUR IN THE CLASSROOM/SCHOOL
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Uses the colour chart to guide pupils to identify colours.
- Gives pupils different materials to identify different colours.
- Separates colours using ‘lego’ materials with different colours for modeling.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify colours of objects provided by teacher.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- lists five colours.
- identify five colours.
- identify objects according to colours.