RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
PREVIOUS LESSON – HOW TO RESPECT GOVERNMENT PROPERTIES
TOPIC – OUR PARENTS, TEACHERS, STAFF, ETC.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- mention the group of elders.
- mention reason why we should respect elders.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- The class textbook
- Pictures and charts showing elders of a community.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – IDENTIFICATION OF ELDERS AMONG THEIR FAMILY’S MEMBERS, COMPOUND AND COMMUNITIES.
Elder are those who are older than us.
- Our parents
- Our teachers
- Our Community’s leaders or Traditional leaders
WHY SHOULD WE RESPECT OUR ELDERS
- They are older than us.
- They have more experience than us.
- They treat the younger ones with respect.
- They need our support.
- We need their teachings and wisdoms.
- They are our family and neighbors.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads the pupils to identify the elder.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify the elders.
- Teaches the pupils why they should respect them.
- Pupil’s Activities – They learn why they should respect elders.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- mention two reasons why we should respect elders.
- mention two groups of elders to be respected.