RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – RULES AND REGULATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – OTHER LAWS
TOPIC – THE RULES AND REGULATIONS OF THE SCHOOL
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to mention the rules and regulations guiding the school.
DO’s and Don’ts of the school.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of charts showing the rules and regulations of the school.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – STATE THE DO’S OF THE SCHOOL
- Dress properly.
- All must put on sandals to school.
- Respect the national anthem.
- Punctual to school.
- Be a good boy and a good girl.
- Be fair and honest at work.
- Keep your class and the school clean.
- Respect your parents, teachers, elders, friends and classmates.
ACTIVITIES 2 – STATE THE DON’TS OF THE SCHOOL
- Don’t come late to the school.
- Don’t steal other pupil’s things.
- Don’t fight with one another
- Don’t join cult,
- Don’t use abuse language,
- Don’t damage school’s properties.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads the pupils to mention the do’s and don’ts of the school.
- Pupil’s Activities – Reproduce the do’s and don’ts of the school at the command of the teacher.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to mention two do’s and three don’ts of the school.