BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – USES OF COMPUTER IN HOSPITAL
TOPIC – THINGS COMPUTER CANNOT DO
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to state what computer cannot do.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid OF textbook.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – STATE THINGS COMPUTER CAN DO
Based on uses of computer in school, at home and in hospital, listen to the pupils response.
ACTIVITIES 2 – STATE THINGS COMPUTER CANNOT DO
- Computer cannot think and reason like human.
- Computer cannot run, eat, or drink water, etc.
- Computer lead teams and people.
- Computer cannot be creative.
Guide and let the pupils to state what computer can and cannot do and write them on the board.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads pupils to know things computers cannot do.
- Pupil’s Activities – Say what computers cannot do.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to state three things computers cannot do.