Last Updated on October 14, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – FAMILY AS BASIC UNIT OF SOCIETY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Importance of Culture in Nigeria (Primary 2)
TOPIC – FOODS WE EAT IN OUR CULTURE AS FAMILY MEMBERS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Family
3. Foods We Eat in Our Culture as Family Members
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. define foods.
2. list types of food in the Nigerian culture.
Foods in our society
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pupils’ text and workbooks.
2. Picture showing the different kind of food in our culture.
3. Picture of happy moods of people eating together in the family.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils to define food.
Pupil’s Expected Response – Food is what we eat and drink that makes us grow.
FOODS WE EAT IN OUR CULTURE AS FAMILY MEMBERS
Some Nigerian foods are –
Teacher’s Activities – Asks the pupils to state the foods we eat as a family member and write their points on the board.
Find out 5 foods for each of the following –
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses guided questions to lead pupils to name the various foods we eat in our culture.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Participate in the discussion on the types of food.
- Respond to teacher’s questions on the types of food.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state two types of food eaten in their homes.