Last Updated on October 14, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – CULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Elements of Culture (Primary 1 and Primary 2)
TOPIC – IMPORTANCE OF CULTURE IN NIGERIA
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Culture
3. Importance of Culture in Nigeria
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state the importance of culture in Nigeria.
Ways of life of people.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Cloth and food wear and eat by different people in the society.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Asks the pupils to define culture with appropriate examples.
Pupil’s Expected Response – Culture is the people’s way of life. The ways they dress, eat, dance, etc.
IMPORTANCE OF CULTURE IN NIGERIA
1. It distinguishes man from animals.
2. It provides solutions to human problems.
3. It shapes behavior.
4. It keeps social relationships intact.
5. It determines our present situation. For example, foood we have to eat, etc.
6. It provides sense of belongings.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to identify the importance of culture.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the importance of culture.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
State 5 importance of culture.