BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Storage Devices III – Uses/Functions of Storage Devices (Primary 3)
TOPIC – STORAGE DEVICES
Care of Storage Devices
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention ways of caring for storage devices.
Memory card and flash drive
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Floppy disk
2. Compact disk
4. Hard Disk
5. Flash disk.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Storage devices are parts of the computer system that we used to store information. There are two types of storage devices, namely – internal and external storage devices.
CARE OF STORAGE DEVICES
1. Store devices with room temperature.
2. Do not put the devices on top of other electronics.
3. Eject the device before removing.
4. Maintain integrity of your files.
5. Keep the devices safe.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to mention ways of caring for storage devices.
Pupil’s Activities – List care of storage devices.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state three ways of caring for storage devices.