RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – THE COMMUNITY’S LEADERS AND TITLES
PREVIOUS LESSON – HOW POLITICAL PARTIES ARE FORMED
TOPIC – THE PROBLEMS CREATED BY BAD LEADERS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to list three (3) problems created by bad political leadership.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of political leaders and rallies.
- Community ward sitting discussion
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – MEANING OF GOOD and BAD PEOPLE
Good people are people that do good things to people or in the community. Bad people always do bad things to the people and in the community.
Guide the pupils to differentiate between good and bad people and let them use it to state the meaning of good and bad leaders.
ACTIVITIES 2 – MEANING OF GOOD AND BAD LEADERS
Good leaderships are some of the leaders in community that are good.
Bad leaderships are some of the leaders in the that are bad.
Teacher’s remark – If bad people are allowed to rule a country, the citizens of that country will suffer.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – DISCUSS WITH THE PEOPLE THE PROBLEMS CREATED BY BAD LEADERS IN THE COMMUNITY
- Mismanagement of resources
- Demonstration and strike
- Destruction of life and properties
- Poor health due to stress insecurity feelings.
- Insecurity feeling
- Mismanagement of scare resources.
- Ineffective labor force.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guide the pupils to differentiate between good and bad leaders.
- Pupil’s Activities – Differentiate between good and bad leaders.
- Discusses the problems created by bad leaders in the community.
- Pupils Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to list three (3) problems created by bad political leadership.