Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – THE COMMUNITY’S LEADERS AND TITLES
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE DISADVANTAGES OF CHOOSING A LEADER IN THE COMMUNITY
TOPIC – HOW POLITICAL PARTIES ARE FORMED IN THE COMMUNITY
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- explain the meaning of political party.
- say how the political parties are formed in the community.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of political aspirants and officers.
- Sign and symbols of parties.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY THE POLITICAL SYMBOLS IN NIGERIA
Guide the pupils to identify broom (APC) and umbrella (PDP) as political symbols.
ACTIVITIES 2 – IDENTIFY OTHER PARTIES POLITICAL SYMBOLS
ACTIVITIES 3 – DISCUSS THE CONCEPT OF POLITICAL PARTY
Political parties are groups of people that work to be in charge of a government through election. For example the president, government, local government chairman, etc.
Lead the pupils to discuss the concept of political party.
ACTIVITIES 4 – HOW POLITICAL PARTIES ARE FORMED
- Register – name, logo and acronym.
- Appoint chairman, secretary, etc.
- Draft a constitution for the parties.
- Verification and approval of the political party.
Discuss with the pupils how political parties are formed in Nigeria.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Concept of political parties in the community.
- How they are formed.
- Pupil’s Activities – Explain how the political parties are formed.
- The meaning of political parts
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- mention 2 political symbols they know.
- how they are formed