RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
THEME – GREETINGS AND RESPECT
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE TYPES OF ENVIRONMENT WE SHOULD KEEP CLEAN
TOPIC – WAYS OF KEEPING OUR ENVIRONMENT CLEAN
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- mention ways of keeping our environment clean.
- state how to dispose the disposals.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of picture showing clean and dirty environment.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY CLEAN AND DIRTY ENVIRONMENT
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – HOW CAN WE KEEP DIRT ENVIRONMENT CLEAN
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – DEMONSTRATE WAYS OF KEEPING OUR ENVIRONMENT CLEAN
- Proper disposal of waste.
- Proper use of the toilet/urinary.
- Provision of wastes bins.
- Allowing drains to flow.
- Clearing a weeping round our surrounding.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Asks questions to lead pupils to suggest ways of keeping environment clean.
- Pupil’s Activities – Respond to teachers questions on the ways to keep our environment clean.
- Gets the pupils practically involved in different ways of keeping their environment clean.
- Pupil’s Activities – Practical involvement in acts of keeping the environment clean.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- mention three ways of keeping our environment clean.
- demonstrate three ways of keeping our environment clean.