THEME – AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – IMPORTANCE OF AGRICULTURE II (Primary 6)
TOPIC – PROBLEMS OF AGRICULTURE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Problems of Agriculture
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives – list and explain the problems of agriculture in Nigeria.
The pupils can state some of agriculture.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of simple chart or pictures showing the problems of Agriculture in Nigeria.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Online Information – Solution to the Problems of Agriculture (Primary 6)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Agriculture is the practice of cultivating plants and livestock.
Abundant of crops, animals and other agricultural products reduce food scarcity.
Sometimes, some of these products are not in abundance because of some factors.
These factors are known as problems of agriculture.
PROBLEMS OF AGRICULTURE
The problems of agriculture can be attributed to the following reasons –
1. The use of crude implements such as hoes and cutlasses.
2. Unstable government policies.
3. Illiteracy and ignorance.
LESSON 2 – CONTINUATION
4. Lack of medical facilities in the farm setting.
5. Inadequate credit facilities.
6. Little or lack storage facilities.
7. Bad road and poor transportation system.
8. Problems of land tenure system.
Find out the likely solutions to all the problems discussed.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions.
2. Displays chart showing different problems of agriculture.
3. Lets pupils examine the chart and state the likely causes.
4. Uses the chart and pupil’s responses to introduce the lesson and lead a discussion on the problems of agriculture.
5. Explain briefly each of the problems named.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention what they know as the problems of agriculture to the community.
6. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the lesson summary and write as instructed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to mention 5 problems of agriculture.